Friday, July 2, 2010

Arnica for Back Pain


Arnica is a great post traumatic soft tissue healer of homeopathy. It works for any tissue injury or effect after injury even after several years. This is one of the most common homeo prescription form me.


My brother 58y/M had severe back pain while bending to lift laptop 2 weeks ago, he could not lift his left leg even 10 degree above bed. Pain was radiating along the left back to leg. It was typical acute disc prolapse case. He was 1700 Km away from me.
I asked him to take bed rest and take Arnica 200 immediately. He could not move out of the bed on day one. Next morning he could move to toilet and on day fifth he went to see a Neurologist. His leg raising on the left side became 30 degrees and pain was much better. 3 days later on day 9 he went for MRI and consulted orthopedic surgeon. Leg raising has improved to 60 degrees and there were no neurological deficit.
MRI showed minor multiple disc level bulges but not significant enough to cause severe back pain. He joined office on day 8th. There is residual back pain which is increasing on prolonged sitting but his recovery was remarkable.
He avoided all muscle relaxant and pain killer prescribed and 2nd day onward partially mobile.

I still remember my friend, who came from US and fell down from horse, he had back pain. After examination I gave him a dose of Arnica, even after his reluctance due to ignorance. Next day to my surprise his back pain was relieved, he was more excited due to his 3 years old ankle swelling and pain after fall also disappeared which doctors had told would nerver go.

Arnica is a first aid home remedy, every one should use immediately after any fall even trivial, sprain, and also after severe injury like head and spinal cord. It not only reduce pain which is a side effect but primarily helps healing of the soft tissue, tendon, bone and nerves.

2003 I slipped from a waterfall in Sri Lanka and had right lower end of tibia fracture. before going to operation table I took Arnica. I did not take any analgesic and antiinflammatory medication. I could realized that after taking Arnica there was gush of energy flowing along the body and probably it restore the energy channel which reduces pain and helps healing. Symphytum is normally prescribed for bone healing but I did not experience same energy flow like Arnica.
I have used it for severe cases of head and spinal cord injury, where it is very difficult to assess the effect due to severe disruption of tissue and energy flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment